3 SIMPLE STEPS TO GET TO BUTTE COLLEGE
1. Senior Initial Pullouts: October 26, 2023 Periods 1, 2, 3 and 4 (You will get an invitation to attend only ONE of the periods)
- Pull out in the GHS Library with your GHS counselors to complete the: Reg2Go Steps: http://www.butte.edu/services/rtg/index.html
- CCC Apply Application (If you took a Butte College class or Dual enrollment course at GHS, you already have a CCC account)
- Butte College Online application: You MUST complete a Butte Application even if you have already taken college courses at Butte.
- YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IF YOU HAVE ONE. MEMORIZE IT. YOU MUST use a personal email
2. Create your MY BC PORTAL account on your own (Need Butte email, Username and Butte ID#) STUDENTS COMPLETE ON THEIR OWN
You will get this in a "WELCOME EMAIL." If you do not get the Butte College welcome email with in 7 days of completing and submitting your
Butte College application, call the number located in your Reg2Go packet page 3.
You cannot participate in #3 or #4 below until you create your Portal Account.
3. Complete your CAP (Career Assessment and Placement): Seniors will complete this on their own. You must have your Butte College Email,
Butte College Password and Butte College Student ID#.
4. Orientation and Counseling and Registration: Tuesday, April 9, 2024
- Location: Butte College: We will meet and leave from in front of the school at 8:00am
- A permission form is required to attend. You will get this during the counselor class visits and will need to return it to your GHS counselor before April 1st.
- Bring a sack lunch or $10.00 to buy lunch out at the Campus
- You will create your schedule for Butte College during this Orientation. Make sure to look at the Scheduling Tips and CSU/UC/STEM transfer guides in your Reg2Go packet before attending the Orientation. Go to your Butte College "My BC Portal" and start looking at what days and times classes will be offered in the Fall of 2024 so you can pre-plan how you want to build your schedule during the Orientation Counseling Session on April 9th.
COMPLETE and SUBMIT your 2024/2025 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by March 2, 2024.
Butte College offers the "Promise Scholarship." This can be free tuition at Butte for 2 years. The ONLY way to qualify for this free tuition is to complete and submit your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Applications by the March 2nd deadline
Reg2Go Packet: Students will get a hard copy of this on October 26, 2023 but it can also be accessed at the link below:
Scholarships: Go to www.butte.edu/foundation
to see all the scholarships butte has to offer. Remember, there are scholarships just for Gridley High School seniors as well. If you do not apply, you will not get any scholarships. Steps and a link to apply can be found in the Reg2Go Packet
After you submit your FAFSA:
- WebGrants4Students About 2 or 3 days after submitting your FAFSA, you will need to set up your WEB GRANT account so you can track all of your financial information and money. Go to: mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov to create your Web Grant account.
EVERYONE CAN GET TO COLLEGE BUT THERE ARE DIFFERENT PATHS IN
WHICH WE WALK TO GET THERE AND NONE OF
THEM ARE WRONG TURNS.
SEE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING YOUR PATH!!