3 SIMPLE STEPS TO GET TO BUTTE COLLEGE
1. Class Visit: November October 10, 2023 Periods 1, 2, 3 and 4 (You will get an invitation to attend only ONE of the periods)
- Pull out in the GHS Library with your GHS counselors to complete the: Reg2Go Steps: http://www.butte.edu/services/rtg/index.html
- CCC Apply Application (If you took a Butte College class or Dual enrollment course at GHS, you already have a CCC account)
- Butte College Online application: You MUST complete a Butte Application even if you have already taken college courses at Butte.
- YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IF YOU HAVE ONE. MEMORIZE IT
2. Create your MY BC PORTAL account on your own (Need Butte email, Username and Butte ID#) STUDENTS COMPLETE ON THEIR OWN
- You cannot participate in #3 below until you create your Portal Account.
- 1-3 days after completing and submitting your Butte College application, Butte College will email you your Butte email, Username and ID#
3. On Line Orientation and Counseling and Registration: Thursday, February TBD, 2023
- February 2023: Butte College will email details to you once your application is complete
- Location: Butte College: We will meet and leave from in front of the school at 8:00am
- A permission form is required to attend. You will get this on November 18th and will need to return it to your GHS counselor before Feb. TBD.
- Bring a sack lunch or $10.00 to buy lunch out at the Campus
- You will create your schedule for Butte College during this Orientation.
FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application:
COMPLETE and SUBMIT your 2023/2024 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by March 2, 2023. We would like you to complete it prior to the Reg2Go initial pullout November if you can.
Complete and submit your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Applicaions by the deadline: March 2nd.
Butte College offers the "Promise Scholarship." This can be free tuition at Butte for 2 years. The ONLY way to qualify for this free tuition is to complete and submit your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Applications by the March 2nd deadline
Reg2Go Packet: Students will get a hard copy of this on October 10, 2023 but it can also be accessed at the link below:
Link coming soon
Scholarships: Go to www.butte.edu/foundation
to see all the scholarships butte has to offer. Remember, there are scholarships just for Gridley High School seniors as well. If you do not apply, you will not get any scholarships. Steps and a link to apply can be found in the Reg2Go Packet
After you submit your FAFSA:
- WebGrants4Students About 2 or 3 days after submitting your FAFSA, you will need to set up your WEB GRANT account so you can track all of your financial information and money. Go to: www.mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov to creae your Web Grant account.
EVERYONE CAN GET TO COLLEGE BUT THERE ARE DIFFERENT PATHS IN
WHICH WE WALK TO GET THERE AND NONE OF
THEM ARE WRONG TURNS.
SEE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING YOUR PATH!!