Butte College REG 2 GO
Butte College Registration to Go (REG 2 GO) is a joint program between Gridley High School and Butte College. In this program, students planning on attending Butte College in the Fall semester following their senior year will attend 3 events during their senior year that are pre-scheduled. These events are coordinated with Butte College and the GHS counseling offices. After students complete the three events, they will be completely registered for Butte College prior to the end of their senior year.
- Below are copies of the REG 2 GO Dates, REG 2 GO Packet Link, and Information about Finacial Aid and Butte College Scholarships.
- Check out the link. It will give you step by step instructions for Reg To Go and a glimpse into what classes you should take in order to meet your post secondary goals.
Butte College Reg 2 Go DatesTop of Page
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO GET TO BUTTE COLLEGE
1. Class Visit: November 10, 2022 Periods 1, 2, 3 and 4 (You will get an invitation to attend only ONE of the periods)
- Pull out in the GHS Library with your GHS counselors to complete the: Reg2Go Steps: http://www.butte.edu/services/rtg/index.html
- CCC Apply Application (If you took a Butte College class or Dual enrollment course at GHS, you already have a CCC account)
- Butte College Online application: You MUST complete a Butte Application even if you have already taken college courses at Butte.
- YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IF YOU HAVE ONE. MEMORIZE IT
2. Create your MY BC PORTAL account on your own (Need Butte email, Username and Butte ID#) STUDENTS COMPLETE ON THEIR OWN
- You cannot participate in #3 below until you create your Portal Account.
- 1-3 days after completing and submitting your Butte College application, Butte College will email you your Butte email, Username and ID#
3. On Line Orientation and Counseling and Registration: Thursday, February TBD, 2023
- February 2023: Butte College will email details to you once your application is complete
- Location: Butte College: We will meet and leave from in front of the school at 8:00am
- A permission form is required to attend. You will get this on November 18th and will need to return it to your GHS counselor before Feb. TBD.
- Bring a sack lunch or $10.00 to buy lunch out at the Campus
- You will create your schedule for Butte College during this Orientation.
FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application:
COMPLETE and SUBMIT your 2023/2024 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by March 2, 2023. We would like you to complete it prior to the Reg2Go initial pullout November if you can.
FAFSA: www.fafsa.gov and CA Dream Act Application www.dream.csac.ca.gov
Complete and submit your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Applicaions by the deadline: March 2nd.
Butte College offers the "Promise Scholarship." This can be free tuition at Butte for 2 years. The ONLY way to qualify for this free tuition is to complete and submit your FAFSA or CA Dream Act Applications by the March 2nd deadline
FAFSA or CA Dream Act Applications
You only apply for one!!!!
Reg2Go Packet: Students will get a hard copy of this on November 10, 2022 but it can also be accessed at the link below:
Scholarships: Go to www.butte.edu/foundation to see all the scholarships butte has to offer. Remember, there are scholarships just for Gridley High School seniors as well. If you do not apply, you will not get any scholarships. Steps and a link to apply can be found in the Reg2Go Packet
After you submit your FAFSA:
- WebGrants4Students About 2 or 3 days after submitting your FAFSA, you will need to set up your WEB GRANT account so you can track all of your financial information and money. Go to: www.mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov to creae your Web Grant account.
EVERYONE CAN GET TO COLLEGE BUT THERE ARE DIFFERENT PATHS IN
WHICH WE WALK TO GET THERE AND NONE OF
THEM ARE WRONG TURNS.
SEE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING YOUR PATH!!